🎧 Live webinar on Smarter Working for In-House Legal 24th October - Reserve your place now.
• GC & Company Secretary at Thames Water
• GC & Head of Legal, Risk and Compliance at CRF Health
• GC at 186k (part of National Grid)
• Interim GC at Intertek Group
• Special Projects GC at Starbucks and Severn Trent
• Solicitor at Herbert Smith
Joel is an experienced General Counsel with a track record of delivering results across different industries and businesses. As an advisor to Boards and Executives, he brings impact and independence. Within functions and teams, Joel provides leadership and a commitment to develop those who work with him.
Always seeking better, he looks to improve performance within his area and the wider organisation. He realises the power that ‘legal done well’ can offer. Joel has pioneered transformational change and been recognised for innovation.
He believes passionately that General Counsel must ensure that they and their teams are integral to business success. Value must be demonstrated and not simply trumpeted. Above all, Joel believes that lawyers have a responsibility to set the right ethical tone and to help businesses take the best decisions.
Having spent his early career at City firm, Herbert Smith, Joel began his inhouse career as GC of UK telecoms business, 186k. He worked in telecoms and IT until moving into utilities, most notably as General Counsel and Company Secretary of Thames Water. After utilities, Joel gained experience of retail, financial services and assurance in roles for major international groups. Prior to founding Lustrum, Joel headed the Legal, Risk and Compliance function for a CRF Health, a PE-backed healthcare technology business.
Areas of expertise.
• General Counsel and senior manager
• Transformational leader with record of delivering better at lower cost.
• Trusted advisor to executive teams and boards
• Legal, governance, compliance and risk expertise across multiple sectors
• Extensive transactional experience, including international M&A and corporate finance
• Dynamic and results-driven, contributing to business success.